Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Ahhh....Summer!

Four distinct seasons! I love it!

I am so glad to live smack dab in the middle of the country where we experience four seasons each year. I have visited other parts of the country and love the weather in Southern California but wouldn't it be boring for each day to be exactly like the next. Of course here in Kansas people often joke that if you don't like the weather, just wait 30 minutes and it will change.

Right now I am thoroughly enjoying summer.

Sitting out on the patio late at night looking at the fireflies...

Grilling anything and everything...

Late nights and sleeping in...

Flashlight tag...

Days at the lake skiing, tubing and just floating on a water raft...

Looser schedules....YAY for that one!

Homemade ice cream machines grinding rock salt...

Firework displays held in secret (lest you get caught)...

Listening to the locusts in the trees...

Yes, some places are warm and sunny all the time. I absolutely love summer but when it is fall I will be ready for it and then winter and spring. Each season holds it's own beauty and I am thankful for them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment