Thursday, April 22, 2010

What's Your Passion?

Over the last few years I have heard talk show hosts, reporters, and authors encourage us to find our passion. It seems that my life will only be complete if i am living out my passion. Well this admonishment has had me stumped for awhile. See, I have passions. The problem, as I see it, is not a lack of passion. in fact, my problem is that I have too many passions!

So then what? None of these so called experts have been able to resolve my questions about how to incoroporate too many passions into an already crazy life. I have found myself over the years dabbling in a little of this and a little of that without fully committing to any.

I have pursued education and completed two degrees in different fields. I enjoy both careers and have difficulty choosing between the two. i have pursued photography, cooking, and scrapbooking to such a degree that I could make each of them a career.

I am an avid reader and anyone who knows me knows that I always have my Kindle charged with plenty of books to keep me well entertained. I have been even been teased that Amazon should pay me a salary for the number of converts I have made to this handy device. I enjoy writing and have the solid beginnings of a fiction novel in place.

I absolutely love to travel and have planned many trips for the family as well as organized some corporate travel events.

What do I do with all of these varied passions? Why can't I simply choose one path? I struggle to give up one hobby in favor of another. This is when the idea of creating a blog occurred to me. By creating a blog, maybe I can inspire others and gain some inspiration for myself.

So...is there anyone out there who enjoys many hobbies and has difficulty selecting? What's your passion?

No comments:

Post a Comment